Friday, March 2, 2012

ABC News Requests College SB Interview

I kid you not! I had to do a bit of digging (and by digging I mean looking up archived ABC News articles from said unnamed news correspondent!) but it was true! A scout, who was tasked with revealing the secret world of Sugar Babies, wanted to have a telephone conference interview with me. I was completely lost as to how she came in contact with me! Here I was--in Dubai with Mr. Mustache, fielding requests on exposing my secret life.

The answer was revealed as I continued to read the email:
I’m a producer with ABC News in New York and am researching a story about sugar babies – specifically women who are putting themselves through college.  I really loved reading your blog and wanted to know if you’d consider an off-the-record phone chat when you’re free?  I can be reached at 212-456-xxxx or on my cell – 917-692-xxxx.  Alternately, you can email me a good time/number where you can be reached.  Thanks so much for considering this request.  Would love to hear more about your perspective and experiences.

Thanks.

(Name Removed)
ABC News
At first, I felt really--VISIBLE! Seriously, my stomach fell into my butt! I have taken every plausible measure to share this life of mine while managing to protect the day to day life my family and the rest of the world is privy to. Thankfully, I was half-way across the world where I couldn't even ENTERTAIN the thought of revealing this part of my life. I politely responded:

Name Removed,


Thank you for reading my blog! It chronicles my time spent as a college SB. Right now I'm on holiday in Dubai (with my honey!) so I wont be able to exchange contact with you as freely as I would like.


I will be back stateside next week and am more than interested in contributing to your "off the record" interview.


Thank you again for reaching out to me.


Ms. Vivian Jade


Sent from my iPhone
Fortunately, she was in a sort of time crunch and later replied:
Dubai!  What fun. 

Thanks for writing back.  We’re actually airing the story on Friday, so unfortunately it looks like the timing might not work.  But if you happen to know any other women who share your same outlook and put themselves through college with the help of a sugar daddy, please let me know!

Enjoy your travels!

And thanks again for the reply.

Best,
Name Removed
ABC News
Bullet dodged I guess! I talked to Mr. Mustache and he had a "mini-heart attack." (His words!) I reassured him that the interview wouldn't happen if either of the two of us were exposed.
Word of advice: IF you decide to go on national television and name yourself a sugar baby please for the love of all that is good and holy ARTICULATE! Cross your ankles, wear suitable attire, and brush your MOTHER FUCKING HAIR. The newscast that I would have been in is above and it DEF looks like they scraped the bottom of the daggone bucket for these chicks! Bleh. I almost wish I did the interview just to show that not all self-proclaimed SB's are trash.

Until next time dolls,
Viv



8 comments:

  1. the epitome of inexperienced and NOT CUTE.


    harsh, but true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Viv, you are one of the smartest SBs I know :) I look up to you!! Goodness, if a girl such as yourself were interviewed for a news piece like the one you posted, there would be so much RESPECT for how intelligent and put-together some of us in the sugar bowl are!

    Wishing you nothing but happiness and luck,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jane! That means so much to me. I really wish I could just not care what my family would think and do a tell-all kind of interview but I think it would hurt them if they ever found out. :/

      Delete
  3. I wonder where the hell they found these girls?? The chunky one... Ughh.
    They just keep the negative stereotype going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh I hate news coverage like this. This is the third time I've seen the image of a sugarbaby misrepresented by broke and inexperienced college girls. What they don't know when trying to expose the SBs like this is that women who are smart and truly experienced in the sugar world won't expose their SDs or personal information for a TV broadcast. It's bad publicity and these news channels will do anything to sell a story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, it looked like they put it together the night before LOL

      Delete